You may have recently read in the Peterborough Telegraph, that “MPs have criticised an organisation [Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership (GCGP LEP)] which funded infrastructure projects in Peterborough before being liquidated.”
- You can read the Public Accounts Committee report by visiting here!
Having read through the report, some of the more interesting comments included:
- “The governance arrangements at GCCP LEP were clearly not up to standard..”
- “GCGP LEP did not have …. an up to date register of interests for board members.”
- “GCGP LEP was not acting transparently, as was illustrated by its failure to publish board papers..”
- “…the Section 151 officer of Cambridgeshire County Council signed off on GCGP LEP’s assurance framework without checking all of its supporting documentation.”
- The former Chair of GCGP LEP, Mark Reeve, said that “he and other board members” were “unable to devote a significant amount of time” to their roles.
- The former GCGP LEP Chair was asked whether “his own potential conflict of interest, concerning his construction company having the contract to build on a site..”
- Who was the Section 151 officer who signed off on GCGP LEP’s assurance framework?
- As a board member, were you never made aware of any concerns or did you yourself not have any?
- Do you feel that you did not devote enough time to your role, as a board member, if not, how much time did you devote and what actions or work did you personally achieve?
- Did you ever claim any expenses for your role as a board member or receive an allowance/salary? And if you did please let me know how much you got?
- Has Peterborough City Council ever allocated any funds to the GCGP LEP, and if so how much and what for?
- Are there any projects within our city, that involved the GCGP LEP, which remain outstanding or unfinished?
Don’t forget, if you have any views or comments to make on this matter to please do post them below!
At the very least, I do wonder how much they spent on their website?